In my previous blog, I mentioned digital marketing and the good sides of this industry. So in this blog, I will share the disadvantages of digital marketing and the most essential qualities for success with marketing to have a more comprehensive view of the industry.
- What is the difference between digital marketing and traditional marketing?
Traditional marketing is suitable for the market stage: the seller’s market (manufacturer), marketing today is gradually adapting to the market segment: the buyer market (consumer). The change in marketing activities is a change in the way businesses approach their customers with new tools, new methods…
Today’s customers are no longer a “gray crowd” 1.0; they are demanding human beings. Today’s customers want to be respected, treated with courtesy, understood, and wanted to hear thanks. They are no longer the media’s target or passive audience; instead, today’s customers tend to participate in the media and not just watch from afar.
With digital marketing, the essence of marketing has not changed; it is still an economic and information exchange process, from identifying needs to marketing campaigns for products, services, ideas to conducting and controlling. Monitor and achieve organizational and individual goals. However, with new tools (digital technology products), marketers can communicate continuously, two-way, and personally with each customer that normal marketing activities do not have.
- Disadvantages of digital marketing industry
No matter what industry you work in, you will always face the disadvantages of that industry. Here are some of the downsides and challenges of digital marketing that you should know about, including:
- Skills and training : You’ll need to make sure all staff have the necessary knowledge and experience to successfully implement digital marketing. Tools, platforms, and trends evolve at a quick pace, so staying current is critical.
- Time-consuming – tasks like optimizing internet advertising campaigns and developing marketing content can consume a significant amount of time. To secure a return on investment, it’s critical to track your progress.
- High competition: while you can reach a global audience with digital marketing, you are also up against global competition. It can be a challenge to stand out against competitors and to grab attention among the many messages aimed at consumers online.
- Complaints and feedback: any negative feedback or criticism of your brand is can be visible to your audience through social media and review websites. Carrying out effective customer service online can be challenging. Negative comments or failure to respond effectively can damage your brand reputation.
- Security and privacy issues: there are a number of legal considerations around collecting and using customer data for digital marketing purposes. Take care to comply with the rules regarding privacy and data protection.
- The most important qualities for success with Marketing
- Creative capacity: A good marketer’s mind must always be working at 100% capacity with a slew of new and great ideas. The greater the market rivalry, the greater the importance of creativity.
- Caring for others: A competent marketer understands how to allow customers to express themselves, make them feel important, and identify what can be done to help them.
- Focus on goals: You must take your activities seriously, setting explicit and quantifiable goals, knowing exactly what you are aiming for, and concentrating on getting the work done each day. The most productive day of my life.
- Persistence: Marketers must rely on tried-and-true procedures to plan their calendars and discover the most effective time management techniques. It’s critical to stick to your goal and never give up when faced with a setback.
- Work with a positive attitude: Learn how to maintain a positive attitude in your own view while avoiding envy, gossip, anger, and bad ideas. Allowing negativity to sap your life energy or tempt you to stray from your chosen path is a bad idea.
- Recognizing that the human aspect is more essential than material and financial factors: Customers are usually appreciated by successful marketers. They get the significance of an ancient adage: “You have to spend money to make money,” and they see that view as a human flaw. They make prudent investments on items that benefit the people they serve.
- My big step in the future
Later, when I have enough knowledge and experience, I want to open a digital marketing agency by myself. With the advantage of being a person in the younger generation, with a lot of exposure to social networking platforms, I will have the advantage in keeping up with trends – which is extremely important for digital marketing. and when I create such an agency team, I will be able to recruit people who have experience in this area and can help my team thrive.